Tickers: XTSE:SBG.H, XTSX:SBG.H, XTSX:GAIA
Unfavorable weather has passed as of Monday afternoon (09/30) and warm fall days are scheduled for the region. At its deepest, the snow has melted down to about 1-2 inches (3-5cm) and with the warm sunlight and a constant breeze over the fields, they will be back to normal black dirt within the next few days. New photos of the crop taken on October 1st, 2019 have been posted on the Gaia Grow Corp main website gallery as well as our social media channels below:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gaia_grow
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GAIAGrowCorp/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gaiagrow/
- As described in previous press releases, the cultivar planted is X59, sourced from a pedigreed seed producer from Manitoba. Stabilized in Canada over years, it is a hybrid of two Russian-sourced strains of hemp. It is a cultivar that stands up well to the general conditions that the Northern Hemisphere can throw at it, including light snow and moderate cold periods like the company has just experienced.
- The biomass already harvested will dry in the sun and breeze, as originally planned. As soon as the ground moisture conditions allow, we will be back in the fields on a 18-24 hour-per-day push to finish the harvest.
- Continued testing of the crop for cannabinoid content, seed maturation and pathogen content - all tests required for the crop to enter medical-grade and food-grade supply chains - will continue per normal schedules.
"With the forecast appearing hospitable to harvesting without much delay and our harvesting team willing to work 18-24hrs days, I'm excited to see that we can get back on schedule" says Frederick Pels, CEO of Gaia Grow Corp. "The team at Gaia has been laser focused on the task at hand, from our choice of ground, seed, and agricultural partners. We have taken the correct and necessary steps to ensure we are successful in harvest, and that same focus will carry us forward as we continue to grow and innovate in this industry"
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
CAUTIONARY AND FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This news release contains forward-looking statements and forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws. These statements relate to future events or future performance. All statements other than statements of historical fact may be forward-looking statements or information. Forward-looking statements and information are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as "appear", "seek", "anticipate", "plan", "continue", "estimate", "approximate", "expect", "may", "will", "project", "predict", "potential", "targeting", "intend", "could", "might", "should", "believe", "would" and similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements and information are provided for the purpose of providing information about the current expectations and plans of management of the Company relating to the future. Readers are cautioned that reliance on such statements and information may not be appropriate for other purposes, such as making investment decisions. Since forward-looking statements and information address future events and conditions, by their very nature they involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those currently anticipated due to a number of factors and risks. These include, but are not limited to, the risks associated with the hemp industry in general such as operational risks in growing; competition; incorrect assessment of the value and potential benefits of various transactions; ability to access sufficient capital from internal and external sources; failure to obtain required regulatory and other approvals and changes in legislation, including but not limited to tax laws and government regulations. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements, timelines and information contained in this news release.
Copyright (c) 2019 TheNewswire - All rights reserved.